This policy sets out how we will handle your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store & use the following types of personal information:
- information about your computer, your visits & use of this website, such as your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, navigation & downloads
- registration information – including, but not limited to; name, email address, company name, & your question or message
- any other information that you deliberately send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a browser, & stored by the browser. This information is sent to the server each time you request a page. The web server can thus identify & track the web browser.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; & anonymously aggregate information about the way users use the site.
We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close the browser. Persistent cookies remain stored until deleted, or until they expire.
Web browsers allow you to reject cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted via this website will be used for the purposes specified on the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the site
- personalise the website
- facilitate your use of the services available on the website
- supply services you have purchased
- send statements & invoices to you, & collect payments from you
- send you general commercial communications
- send you email information that you specifically request
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information won’t be used to identify you personally, &
- deal with enquiries & complaints made relating to the website.
- send you a newsletter & other marketing materials relating to our business or the businesses of high quality third parties which we think may be of interest to you by email (you can require us at any time to stop sending marketing communications);
Where you submit information for publication on our website, we will publish & otherwise use that information according to your instructions.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out here.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent required to do so by law
- in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including fraud prevention information sharing)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are selling, and
- to any person who, in our reasonable opinion, we believe may apply to a court or other similar authority for disclosure of such, where, again in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be likely to order such disclosure.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries, including the United Kingdom where our web server is located, & other countries, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet & will be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
We shall require anyone handling your data in other countries to comply with the restrictions placed upon us in the UK by the Data Protection Act (1998).
You agree to such transfers of personal information.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy policies or safety, of such third-party websites.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or corruption of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
However, data transmission on the internet is insecure, & we cannot guarantee the security of data as it travels over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to a £10 fee & appropriate evidence of your identity.
We reserve the right to withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. Where appropriate we will provide you with the ability to opt-out of the marketing communications.
Please tell us if your personal information needs updating or correcting.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your information, please write to us by email using one of our website forms, or by post to:
Chalet Ascensus, 195 Chemin des Torchets, 74300 Les Carroz D’Araches, France.